Apple AirPods and Sweat

AirPods is undeniably one of the greatest product from Apple. It's so light that you barely even having issue using it in your ears. With the W1 chip inside, connecting to your iPhone has never been this easier. Just open the lid, and it will connect automagically with your iPhone.

I bought AirPods in hope to use it when I'm doing exercise. Furthermore, listening to music while exercising is something that most of us are doing. Unfortunately, things are not always going as expected.
I have been using AirPods during my morning jogging for quite some time. I sweat a lot, really a lot. I notice that slowly, corrosion mark starts appearing on my AirPods, both sides of them (left and right). Intermittently, any side or sometimes both of them cannot be charged. I need to keep pulling out and put back in the device to trigger the charge.

I bought this device on last November. To test my luck, I brought this device to Apple Store here in Malaysia. The guy said, since this is a water damage, it is very likely that my request to claim for warranty would be denied. Nevertheless, I still asked him to proceed with my warranty claim, despite the result.

Yesterday, the result came out, and alas, they rejected my warranty claim. They can fix it on my behalf, for a price. I checked the quotation they sent together, and the price was quite shocking. The price is a couple of bucks only lower than buying a new AirPods. The price is just insane. I decided not to proceed with fixing the AirPods and instead just look for a better option from another brand out there.

Bottom line, if you have an AirPods and using it a lot for exercise, do try not to sweat (if you can) to prevent water damage (just kidding ^^). Better not to use AirPods during exercise or find another brand that is certified as water and sweat resistance if you are going to use it for exercise and especially sweating heavily.

See below for the corrosion mark.

Corrosion mark

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

macOS Sierra Picture in Picture

Einstein vs Professor